A rental car company called Hertz
suddenly suspended 34 Somali Muslim shuttle drivers for praying on company time. The workers said that they were not aware
that the policy was changed. Hertz spokes
man said that it wasn’t about getting more money it was about the time
limitations at the job and they were not meeting the proper time slots.
Muslims are required to pray at
least 5 times a day, at least that’s the observant ones. What do I have to say about this you may
ask? Well I know one thing if I was in
that situation I would just quit. It’s
just like the Christians and asking for Sunday off so you can go to
church. The job just isn’t worth it.
Some of me says hey why can’t they
pray and work at the same time. Well
what’s important to me may not be important to you and what’s important to you
may not be important to me. The point I
am trying to get across is that each religion has something that is vital to
their “faith”. For Christians we find
church very important to our growth; for Muslims it’s prayer although don’t get
me wrong Christians use prayer daily as a way to communicate with God.
http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=72079
http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=72079
No comments:
Post a Comment